Sunday, October 30, 2011

Keep Your Love Locked Down!!

Hey all,

I got my braidlocks started!!

They're a small to medium mix of sizes.  The braider made them tight.  Not like tight to my scalp, but like the weaving of the hair.  It is secure.  I am no longer worried about unraveling.  They are in there. LOL




It's been a weird and confusing journey so far, to be honest.  I like them, but I don't love them.  They don't look like what I had imagined, but I can't picture them any other way .  I thought I would have really tiny microlock parts.  That's not what I have, and I've realized it's not what I want, at least not right now. It's been a bit jarring to discover that.






I actually took down a row and split each braid into 2.  I liked the way they came out, but not really any more than I liked them previous to the splitting.  So it just seemed dumb to continue doing it. I may change my mind about later, but for now... I'm good.  I like them enough to wait and see what happens, instead of jumping to conclusions.




I sprayed my hair with a water bottle and spritzed my scalp with a mix of witch hazel and aloe vera gel.  So I added some moisture and battled the itchy scalp. After that, my ends curled up and I like the way those look.




I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to worry about the size for now.  I'm going to enjoy them and get to know them.  And I'm going to look DAMN CUTE doing it. :)

Until the next time, keep it nappy y'all.

*flips hair*     Deuces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment