Saturday, October 22, 2011

One week til Loc Down!!

Hi all!!

A week from today, my braidlocs will be installed.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I'm one of those people who obsesses and worries about every single thing that could possibly go wrong, so I've basically been driving my friends and family nuts. lol  My husband has told me flat out that he loves me and is excited for me, but he has pretty much stopped listening as soon as I say the words "hair" or "locs" LMAO

The craziest thing, the closer I get to next Saturday, the more calm I become.  Today I went through under my sink and threw out anything that I won't be able to use once I get my braids unless I'm going to use it this week for wash and goes. There wasn't much actually, I had already given away a ton of stuff.

So this week I've been wearing my hair blown out!  I hadn't done it since January, but I was curious to see how it would look one last time and how long it really is.




So yeah... it has grown a LOT!!  I had to do my snoopy dance because my hair has NEVER been this long.  Weird thing though... I no longer like wearing my straight loose hair down lol.  It's too thick and it was slightly rainy this week so I decided to try out some buns that I could maybe transfer to a loc style later.



This was the first bun I wore.  I liked how it looked but I didn't really like how it felt in my head.  It didn't feel secure and I had a tone of pins, not to mention the sticks in there.  I was constantly checking all day to make sure it hadn't fallen. I pulled my hair back like I was going to put it in a ponytail, then folded it in half, grabbed the ends of the fold, and stuck the sticks in.  I added bobby pins until I could shake my head without anything falling.





This was the 2nd bun I tried out.  I put a ponytail at the top pf my head, split the tail in into two pieces, wrapped one to the front and pinned, wrapped the other to the back and pinned.  This actually lasted several days and was so cute and easy.  This is definitely one I'll retry with the locs.

Final note... I've realized it has been exactly 3 months since I dyed my hair in preparation for the sisterlocks that never happened. lol  So I decided to take a pic to show my growth in that time.

 


Pretty good right!!

So that's all I've got for now.  I probably won't be back until after I get my braids done, but I'll try to post that night to show you all how it turned out.  I'm still a little unsure on how small I want them to be, but I'm thinking to err too small because I'm pretty sure it will be easier for me to combine them than split them.

Until next time, keep it nappy!

No comments:

Post a Comment