Tuesday, June 4, 2013

19 Months!!

Hey y'all!!


I just hit my 19 month anniversary last week!! *snoopy dance*


Nothing too big is going on except I'm experiencing a ton of new growth.





You'd think that would encourage me to retwist more, but to be honest it doesn't.  I actually did a retwist on 4/21/13 to go to a funeral.  Probably wont retwist again til end of this month.



Here's what my hair looked like before maintenance.


Here's what it looked like after:



My routine has stayed pretty simple:

  1. Wash with whatever shampoo is on hand. I'm currently using Aussie Moist watered down with a little peppermint oil added. 
  2. Hot oil treatment with Hot Six Oil every 3rd wash.
  3. Grease scalp with Sulfur 8 Light (blue jar) when needed.
  4. Spritz with water, lemongrass and sweet orange oils daily. (Usually after a workout.)

Here's some random styles I've been rocking lately.





Length check!!



Talk to y'all soon!!

*flips locs* Deuces!!!





4 comments:

  1. That outfit tho! loving the boots, dress and denim combo. You locs aree serious now and I can see why you told me about that sneaky length with all the new growth you have. How long does it take you to retwists? And do you wash you hair every workout or spritz so it feels fresher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It takes me about 45-50 minutes to retwist now. I use a homemade flaxseed gel. I have been spritzing my roots for freshness and rinsing every 3rd day, but I'm start Insanity on Monday so I might have to start rinsing every day.

      Delete
    2. yes the wash game gets me too now that i'm working out. i feel like washing daily is preventing my roots from loc'ing up but what can i do :(

      Delete
  2. Your locs are looking great! This is very encouraging for me, because I just started my locs on May 25th with braids, and I cannot wait until they grow and begin to loc up! Looking forward to more updates!

    ReplyDelete