Saturday, March 24, 2012

Dress It Up!!

I LOVE ACCESSORIES!!!

I mean we have always had a nice little friendship going on.  When I was loose, I was really into them when it was shorter and then when it got longer I sort of stopped sparkling it up.  I really don't have a reason why, I just got lazy I guess or too irritated with detangling to really want to do much else by the time it was finished.  I'm saying detangling wasn't horrible, but as I previously mentioned... I was lazy lol

So now I have all of this extra time and energy to devote to styling my hair instead of doing my hair.  I'm saying with my loose hair, before work I would have to at least spritz my hair, fluff it, and touch it up in several places.  That would take usually 15 - 18 minutes. If I did a full fledged wash and go, it would probably be about 22-26 minutes.  (Which contained so much wash and so little go!) .

Now I either spray it with a water bottle or rinse it in the shower, then immediately spend time styling. 2-6 minutes tops.  I feel sparkly again. :)

So let me show you how I've been decorating.






First I broke out some lock jewelry.  I bought them before I ever locked my hair and when I wore one on my installation day, I had to pull 3 braids through it to get it to stay on.  Now I only use one lock.  I've worn this as pictured and also dangling from the end of a ponytail I bought this on Etsy from MsLadyLocks.















I also have this cute feather headband! It's from Forever21. They have a bunch of really cute hair accessories ranging for $1 to about $10.  I bought 7 different things, and my bill was less that $25 with shipping and handling.












Now I've got this coil from Cherry! I actually got several different ones in gorgeous bright colors that I love, so be on the lookout for other colors/styles.  I got a bunch of compliments on it today when I ran to the store. (LOL I got it today and had to use it immediately!) BTW: I always like purchasing things from nice people, and Cherry was such a delight to purchase from.  Check out her website, I'll definitely be going back to it.










My 5 month anniversary is in 5 days (Whoop whoop!!) so I'll be back next weekend with an update.  I've also been working on a style post.  On top of that, I got a new moisturizer today that I'll be trying out, so I'll have a post about that coming up soon as well.

Keep it nappy y'all!!

*flips locks* Deuces!!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of your loc jewelries! I'm making my own (a little) and I have bright red wire that I'll be trying out, but the blue is beautiful. Congrats on your five months! I just hit mine last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you as well! I haven't started making jewelry yet, I don't think I'm crafty enough for that. I'll be checking your blog to see what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete